Camp Wild-Life began in 2011 and is an Utah and environmental themed summer day camp for school-aged children. Our camp is organized into three groups to ensure your child is in a group of their peers and going at their speed.
The Summer theme: Utah
The Monthly themes: June~Past July~ Present August~Future
The Weekly themes are a concentration of: Animals, Water, Earth (plants, soils)
The Daily Theme: Monday-Park Days, Tuesday-Hike Days, Wednesday– Field Trip Days, Thursday-STEM & lesson Days, Friday– FUN Days
Jack Rabbits~ 4-6 years
The Jack Rabbits class is for PreK going into kindergarten and kindergartners.
Our Jack Rabbits, Explore!
Let’s explore Utah; this class aims to develop our camper’s five senses and gross motor-skills. We are going to feel the mud between our toes, smell the sagebrush after a rain, taste our garden fresh tomatoes, see the beauty of our canyons, and hear the sounds of Utah’s outdoors. We couldn’t do this without splashing in our Great Salt Lake, climbing our rocks, balancing on the forest logs, and running through our desert. Talk about some hands on learning! We can’t wait.
Our Jack Rabbits will be jumping all over the place we aren’t going to have time to fit in a nap. Nap-time is replaced with “Reading and Rest” please remember to send a few of your camper’s favorite books with them each day in their backpack.
Bears~ Grades 1-3
Our Bears, Experience!
Let’s experience Utah: this class is all about learning the basics of Utah’s natural history, ecology, biology, geology, environmental stewardship, and outdoor skills. We are going to seek out adventures as a “Team” and answer some curious questions.
What type of Questions you ask?
- How can we work together for wilderness survival?
- How can we stay alive with what nature provides?
- What type of creatures lives under that rock in the desert?
- What about under that rock in a stream?
- What are Utah’s predators and prey?
The Bears are going to answer these questions by ascending mountains, wading through streams, skipping down trails, and looking under rocks.
Our Eagles, Impact!
Let’s impact Utah; this class is all about skills, knowledge, connection and inspiration. We are going to deepen our camper’s awareness of our delicate ecosystem.
How you ask?
- We will learn the ways of the river.
- Gain Knowledge on the glaciers
- Learn skills of young conservationists
- Learn our impact and ways we can help
- Learn to navigate with maps and a compass.
- Learn how to take advantage of all Utah has to offer with care and respect, “leave no trace”
- Develop a passion for our Great Outdoors
The Eagles are going to do their part by gently treading across trails, by snapping photos not snapping branches, by catching and releasing, by practicing safe techniques, and so much more!
Are you an expert in something Utah? Do you love kids and want to do your part in educating them? We are looking for volunteer speakers of all kinds to pass on their passions.
We would also love to have you along for one of our hikes or field trips.
If you are interested please contact Chaney Zinn at email@example.com
Daily Camp Necessities
- Backpack (containing all of the following)
- Water Bottle
- Favorite Book
- Healthy Lunch
- Closed toed shoes (no flip flops or Crocs please, we do a lot of hiking and those shoes can get slippery)
- An extra change of clothing (we are going to be mud stompin’ and creek splashin’)
*Please make sure to label all your child’s belongings*
What to leave at home…
- Electronic devices
Animal photos by:
- Bear~struss, werner/zumapress.com
- Jack Rabbit~http://www.wymanmeinzer.com